Future Hope is a 20 year non-profit charity that helps transition prisoners from
prison to community by accompanying them through our various programs.
Executive Director Opportunity
Closing date: Monday, August 22nd, 2022 @ 12 p.m. (noon)
ABOUT FUTURE HOPE:
With a dedicated team composed of staff and program volunteers, Future Hope provides community-based
services and support in a caring, non-judgemental environment. It starts before an inmate’s release helping
to prepare them for life in community. Upon release, very practical supports and accompaniment include
sober and substance-free transitional housing to help transition and reintegrate into community. Through
their journey with Future Hope, individuals leaving incarceration build the self-efficacy skills and pathways
needed to be connected and live well in community. They become self-reliant and independent, and experience
better mental and physical health and well-being. They have hope for the future. Trusting, respectful and
prosocial relationships are nurtured.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Future Hope is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to provide leadership to a team of staff and volunteers to
achieve its goals and strategic objectives. The ED plays an integral role in providing oversight and
administration of all day-to-day operational activities. The ED will assure the Future Hope mission which is
to provide a safe environment and effective programming within all three of its current programs: Next Step,
Quixote House and Massie House. This community-driven leader will work with a variety of stakeholders
and act as a key spokesperson for the organization. The ED will report to the Future Hope Board of Directors.
• Execute the vision and goals and establish organizational objectives.
• Be accountable for core functions including, fund development, operational management, staff
supervision, and administrative duties for day-to-day operations including budgeting.
• Provide strategic day-to-day leadership and direction to staff; with a strong emphasis on
effective business operations, fundraising, grant applications, and respond to emergent
strategic priorities as needed.
• Work with the Board to implement a succession planning strategy to proactively prepare the
organization for personnel change.
• Assist the Board in the ongoing evaluation of the organization including staff and program delivery.
• Identify new areas for collaboration, build integrated partnerships, and support overall
advancement for Future Hope, including stewardship of current and prospective donors.
• Ensure a safe and healthy atmosphere with a sense of belonging for all team members, volunteers and
• Strengthen the community profile of Future Hope, foster relationships with key stakeholders and
establish strategic community partnerships with allied organizations and government.
• Post-secondary education in social services, business, or other relevant disciplines;
equivalent professional experience may be considered.
• Senior progressive leadership experience and ability to mobilize and develop operational teams.
• Experience working in a non-profit setting, including working with a Board of Directors.
• Successful track record in administration, budget management and oversight of financial
• Exceptional interpersonal communications, and conflict management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with various internal and external
• Be an inspirational leader with the ability to coach, mentor and influence.
• Visible and approachable professional with a compassionate nature and passion for social justice.
• Knowledge of and experience with Indigenous cultures and traditions.
• Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations.
• Have up-to-date and professionally administered vaccinations.
To apply, please send your updated resume and cover letter by Monday August 22, 2022 to